Monday 20 May 2013

When Will I Lose It?

We all think when will I get it. But, of late, I have been thinking otherwise. I do not know whether it is the influence of the books I read. Nevertheless, I feel that the thinking is right. So what is it that I want to lose?

I want to lose fear. I found that it is not passion and enthusiasm that drives our ordinary lives. Nobody is devoid of fear. We fear each and every moment of our life. When do we not fear; during birth and death. 

Once common fear is the fear of losing what is dear to oneself. During the course of our life we accumulate facts which are dear to us. This fear remains as long as we live our ordinary lives. we fear whether our dear and near ones are safe. We fear whether our material possessions are safe. We fear whether we will lose our job. We fear taking risks and so on.

So what is the remedy. When I thought in these lines, I found that attachment to anything is the cause. Remove all attachment and you are free from all fears.

So what do I need to remove all attachments. The answer I found was to have confidence in oneself. Come what may, I will stand. So I understand that it is a staged process. Have confidence that nothing can make or break you except yourself. Then you do not need to depend and attach. And when you have no attachments you have no fears.

When will I lose fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment